DianePDavies

Default Format a number column in a table

When I make a table and want to number the first cell in each row, I mark the
cells and press the "numbering" button on the tool bar.

Then my cells get numbered, and the numbers move if I insert a new row. That
is what I want.

But the formatting always puts the number somehow "offset" from the left
border of the first cell. How do I format this now numbered column?
--
Diane
Tony Jollans

Automatic numbering in a table is formatted the same way as outside the
table - with the numbers indented. The best way to change it depends, I
think, on your version of Word.

You would, however, be better applying a proper numbering style which can be
formatted as you want. Instead of clicking on the numbering button, select
Format Style (or Style and Formatting in newer versions). Choose All
Styles from the dropdown if necessary and select the style to apply (List
Number, perhaps). This will work as you want with the added benefit of being
able to format the paragraphs exactly as you want.

--
Enjoy,
Tony