Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Word User Word User is offline

Default Outline view: Can't collapse body text except for first in each paragraph

I'm running Microsoft Office Word 2003, SP1, on Windows XP. Following
the online help, I activated the button to Show First Line Only (outline
toolbar). The multi-line paragraphs don't collapse into 1 line. For
the paragraphs of interest, the style is Body, and the outline level is
Level 2. I haven't found anything on this from Googling the web or
Google Groups. Is this the normal behaviour of Word? Is there a way
around it? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Word,

I'm running Microsoft Office Word 2003, SP1, on Windows XP. Following
the online help, I activated the button to Show First Line Only (outline
toolbar). The multi-line paragraphs don't collapse into 1 line. For
the paragraphs of interest, the style is Body, and the outline level is
Level 2. I haven't found anything on this from Googling the web or
Google Groups. Is this the normal behaviour of Word?

If the paragraphs have an outline level assigned, even if they're formatted
with the "body" style, they won't be treated as body. "Body" is only things
that have no outline level.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org