Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bev

Default My Word will not allow me to change my margin.help

Help...I keep wanting to change my margin and I get the message ..this will
decrease my column even though I am trying to make my margin larger not
smaller.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

Does this problem occur in one particular document, or in all new
documents?

If it's in one particular document, then open that document.
Click on Format | Columns | One | Apply to: Whole document | OK.
Save and close the document.

If it's in all new documents, then locate and open your
normal.dot file as described in Method 1 in
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm . Click
on Format | Columns | One | Apply to: Whole document | OK. Type
a character or two and delete what you just typed. Save the
normal.dot file and close it.

Bev wrote:

Help...I keep wanting to change my margin and I get the message ..this will
decrease my column even though I am trying to make my margin larger not
smaller.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bev

Thank you .......that definitely took care of it............I have no idea
how it got changed because I always could do it before.....thanks, again.