Irish

Default Disc will not eject??

I have a Gateway and have never used the 3 1/2"disc. I am now taking a
computer course and cannot get the practice disc in the slot. My
grandchildren could have put one in but nothing will eject?? Any
suggestions. P
MikeA

Usually 31/2 in disc is rejected by pressing on the button - normally right
under the slot.
If that does not work, look for a very small pin hole. Not far from the
button. Insert unfolded paper clip - press lightly. You should feel a
spring.
Do not use excessive force!
Mike A
"Irish" wrote in message
I have a Gateway and have never used the 3 1/2"disc. I am now taking a
computer course and cannot get the practice disc in the slot. My
grandchildren could have put one in but nothing will eject?? Any
suggestions. P

TF

If it's a old drive (I mean not on a new computer) and you have never used
it, the chances are that the drive is clogged up with dust. The air
circulation usually pulls cold air from the front of the case, blows it
across the components and out the back. Some air will have been sucked
through the 3½" drive too and it is probably too dirty now. (I didn't even
bother installing a floppy when I built my current computer: I just cannot
remember the last time I need to use one.)

At least they are very cheap as it looks lie you will need to change it.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/