Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Debbiedo Debbiedo is offline

Default Formatting woes using tables and frames

I have an MS Word 2003 form that has both frames and tables embeded in
it. I had to create radio buttons within the form so I needed to
extract those sections from the table and use frames. I want the form
to look like it all is still part of one big table, even though there
are 2 frames and 3 tables. The problem is that when I monkey with the
tables (eg add or delete rows), the frames hop around the page. How
can I get the frames to stay where I put them (whether it be above,
below or between tables) as I redesign the tables.

Thanks

Deb

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

It's not clear whether you're creating this as a protected form (using form
fields) or not, but note that radio buttons (and other ActiveX controls) are
not compatible with protected forms.

"Debbiedo" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have an MS Word 2003 form that has both frames and tables embeded in
it. I had to create radio buttons within the form so I needed to
extract those sections from the table and use frames. I want the form
to look like it all is still part of one big table, even though there
are 2 frames and 3 tables. The problem is that when I monkey with the
tables (eg add or delete rows), the frames hop around the page. How
can I get the frames to stay where I put them (whether it be above,
below or between tables) as I redesign the tables.

Thanks

Deb

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

On May 30, 3:22 pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
It's not clear whether you're creating this as a protected form (using form
fields) or not, but note that radio buttons (and other ActiveX controls) are
not compatible with protected forms.

Word MVP FAQ site:http://word.mvps.org

"Debbiedo" wrote in message

ups.com...

I have an MS Word 2003 form that has both frames and tables embeded in
it. I had to create radio buttons within the form so I needed to
extract those sections from the table and use frames. I want the form
to look like it all is still part of one big table, even though there
are 2 frames and 3 tables. The problem is that when I monkey with the
tables (eg add or delete rows), the frames hop around the page. How
can I get the frames to stay where I put them (whether it be above,
below or between tables) as I redesign the tables.

Thanks

Deb- Hide quoted text -

I am using a protected document which is why I had to use frames to
"mimic" radio buttons. I found if I deleted the paragraph markers and
framed the tables, the spacing problem was sufficiently eliminated.