Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
talderman

Default text appears double spaced

I'm working with bullets and the text is single spaced but it appears double
spaced. When I select the line of text the highlighted text takes up a much
larger region giving the on screen appearance of double spaced text or just
any spaced text other than single spaced text which is what it is set to.
--
Tim
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
talderman

That answered my question also the text was scanned in from another program
I'm not sure what but you had the right idea. I was working with office
2000. Thanks I'll keep your suggestions in mind when I post in the future.
--
Tim

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Hi Tim -

Keep in mind that it is always a good idea to mention what version of the
program you are using, as details may vary from one to another. Also, you
don't specifically state whether this is text you've *type* using the
Bullets & Numbering feature of Word or may be something *copied* from
another source (if so, What?).

As a guess, select the text, then go to FormatParagraph - Indents &
Spacing. Take a look at the values for Spacing Before/After Paragraph,
adjust as necessary.

If this isn't the fix, post back with more specifics.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"talderman" wrote in message
I'm working with bullets and the text is single spaced but it appears
double
spaced. When I select the line of text the highlighted text takes up a
much
larger region giving the on screen appearance of double spaced text or
just
any spaced text other than single spaced text which is what it is set to.
--
Tim

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

"talderman" wrote in message
I'm working with bullets and the text is single spaced but it appears
double
spaced. When I select the line of text the highlighted text takes up a
much
larger region giving the on screen appearance of double spaced text or
just
any spaced text other than single spaced text which is what it is set to.
--
Tim

Can I AutoSize (or Fit) merged, variable data within a text box? H Eric Torres Mailmerge 8 September 7th 06 11:44 AM
How can I reformat an HTML doc in Word from double to single spaced? Bawcom Microsoft Word Help 3 July 16th 05 12:33 AM
End/FootNote text style Shaun Page Layout 4 July 5th 05 04:36 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
textbox to normal text Jack Sons New Users 16 December 5th 04 03:44 PM