Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark Mark is offline

Default Research Task Pane

I use Microsoft Office Word 2007 on Vista Ultimate. From time-to-time the
Reseach Task Pane opens up to the right of my document. When I click the "X"
in the upper right corner it will disappear but reappear when I return back
to the same document to continue working. The only way I can eliminate this
is to close Word, reopen it and then repen the document. Why does this
happen and how do I prevent it? Obviously, I am initiating this but I cannot
remember what key(s) I am pressing.

Thank you for your assistance, Mark
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:13:01 -0700, Mark wrote:

I use Microsoft Office Word 2007 on Vista Ultimate. From time-to-time the
Reseach Task Pane opens up to the right of my document. When I click the "X"
in the upper right corner it will disappear but reappear when I return back
to the same document to continue working. The only way I can eliminate this
is to close Word, reopen it and then repen the document. Why does this
happen and how do I prevent it? Obviously, I am initiating this but I cannot
remember what key(s) I am pressing.

Thank you for your assistance, Mark

It opens when you hold the Alt key and click on some text. Don't do that (as the
doctor replied when the patient said "It hurts when I do this" g).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman