Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SP SP is offline

Default clipboard empty after re-opening Word

Using Word 2003 SP2

When I add items to the clipboard, they are there until I open Word again.
Some items have a Word icon and some have an icon that I've never seen
(appears to be a piece of paper with a green dot on the left side). The
pasted items with the icon+ dot remain, but any pasted Word items disappear.
I have tried deleting all items and re-copying them, but they still disappear.

I have looked for add-ins and don't see anything under Tools/Templates and
Add-ins. I have also looked in the STARTUP folders (under my specific
profile and also under Program Files/Microsoft Office) and don't see any
add-ins or .dots as was described in a posted response (I visited the
recommended site of http://word.mvps.org/).

Any further help you can provide would be greatly appreciated and I would
love to know what the other icon (not the Word one) is for.
--
Thanks,
Sue
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Sounds like the Publisher icon.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"SP" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SP SP is offline

Thanks for the icon help. Can anyone provide help as to why items are
disappearing from the clipboard?
--
Sue

"SP" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Some add-ins clear the Clipboard when starting Word. One of the most common
is the Microsoft Works Suite Add-in for Word; if you got Word as part of
Works Suite and haven't uninstalled the add-in, you may want to do so (for
that and numerous other reasons).

"SP" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SP SP is offline

Thanks for the response, but if you read my original message, I have looked
for add-ins and I couldn't find any. Office was loaded straight from disk,
so Works shouldn't be the issue. Your (Suzanne S. Barnhill's) recommended
site (as is stated in my original message) is where I went to look for
add-ins. I referenced the posted thread "Word empties my clipboard when
opening" which was posted on 6/17/2004 by spdragon and reponded to by you.
Any further help would be greatly appreciated.
--
Sue