Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
SusanC SusanC is offline

Default file not available

I can create a document in Word, save it and then cannot access it. I get
the message that "file is not available". Extremely frustrating to say the
least. It is in my documents as a saved file. I am able to open it in
Works, but that is not how this should work right?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

How about some help with this question such as

Version of Word and patches
Version of Windows and patches
What type of computer and where are the files saved (local or network)

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"SusanC" wrote in message
I can create a document in Word, save it and then cannot access it. I get
the message that "file is not available". Extremely frustrating to say
the
least. It is in my documents as a saved file. I am able to open it in
Works, but that is not how this should work right?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
SusanC SusanC is offline

Thanks for responding; I am using word 2007, installed 2 days ago. The
documents were saved as a .docx in "my documents". I have a new computer-HP
Pavillion laptop. I don't know what else to tell you. I can see the
documents in recent documents and they have a push pin next to them. The one
I need has a green push pin and the others have a gray. No matter how I
approach these files they won't open.

"SusanC" wrote in message
I can create a document in Word, save it and then cannot access it. I get
the message that "file is not available". Extremely frustrating to say
the
least. It is in my documents as a saved file. I am able to open it in
Works, but that is not how this should work right?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm. You have a
problem with the registration with respect to docx files, repairing Office
should fix that.

"SusanC" wrote in message
I can create a document in Word, save it and then cannot access it.
I get the message that "file is not available". Extremely
frustrating to say the
least. It is in my documents as a saved file. I am able to open
it in Works, but that is not how this should work right?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Go on line and run all updates. Then see Graham's reply regarding
registration in windows.

Terry