Bettina

Default table breaking

I'm a course developer using a 3 column table to organize information in a
word document. Is it possible to get the word table to break automatically
when it reaches the end of the page set-up?
CyberTaz

Hi Bettina-

Not exactly sure what you mean, but the default for a Word table is that it
_does_ continue onto the next page automatically.

If any cell in the last row has more than one line of content the entire row
is allowed to split if there is a check in the box in TableTable
Properties--Row. If you remove the check the entire row moves to the top of
the next page. Perhaps this is the issue?

OTOH, you may want the continuation of the table actually to be a _separate_
table. If so, while in the first row on the new page, go to TableSplit
Table. I don't know of a simple setting to make this the default, but I've
never looked. I typically allow longer tables to run as necessary unless I
want to split them in a particular spot to balance pages or the like.

HTH |:)

"Bettina" wrote:

I'm a course developer using a 3 column table to organize information in a
word document. Is it possible to get the word table to break automatically
when it reaches the end of the page set-up?

Bettina

Problem solved. Seems to have been in the heading row. Was causing table to
not split from page to page. Very strange. Thanks for the row reminder...I
have made sure this is correct also.