Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan Khoshravan is offline

Default Order of posts in this ngIs there any way to select only text in t

I put my name in "Search for" box to bring all my posts.
I am wondering in what order does the search shows the result. Definitly it
is not a time order. I couldn't find logic behind the show results. Do you
know in what order it brings the result. When number of posts increases it is
time consuming to find the desired post. Is it possible to change the order?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Kobe University, Kobe, Japan

Order of posts in this ngIs there any way to select only text in the w
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

That's going to depend on how you're accessing the group - web browser,
newsreader - and which one in particular... each provides similar but
different viewing options.

--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
I put my name in "Search for" box to bring all my posts.
I am wondering in what order does the search shows the result. Definitly
it
is not a time order. I couldn't find logic behind the show results. Do you
know in what order it brings the result. When number of posts increases it
is
time consuming to find the desired post. Is it possible to change the
order?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Kobe University, Kobe, Japan

Order of posts in this ngIs there any way to select only text in the w

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Everything I've ever tried has failed - due, I presume, to the fact that the
graphics are anchored to the text in one way or another. You can Select All,
then EditPaste Special - Unformatted Text, but as the command name implies
you will lose all formatting.

However, you may have success approaching from the opposite direction *if*
all the graphics have Text Wrapping applied (anything other than InLine with
Text). There is a little known command called Select Multiple Objects which
can be added to a toolbar and/or menu. Go to ToolsCustomize - Commands &
select Drawing from the list of categories. Locate the command in the right
column & drag it to any toolbar or menu (I have it as a button on the
Drawing Toolbar, as a command in the Draw Button menu as well as in the Edit
Menu), then close the Customize dialog.

When you use the new command/button it will produce a dialog listing all
graphic objects with checkboxes for each, but in this case you'll just want
to use the Select All button. When you click OK all graphics that aren't
InLine with Text will be selected.

My next steps would be to Cut the graphics, Save As whatever to create a new
but formatted copy of the text as a different Word doc without the graphics,
then Undo in the original doc to put the graphics right back where they came
from or just close it without saving.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
I put my name in "Search for" box to bring all my posts.
I am wondering in what order does the search shows the result. Definitly
it
is not a time order. I couldn't find logic behind the show results. Do you
know in what order it brings the result. When number of posts increases it
is
time consuming to find the desired post. Is it possible to change the
order?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Kobe University, Kobe, Japan

Order of posts in this ngIs there any way to select only text in the w

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan Khoshravan is offline

Default Order of posts in this ngIs there any way to select only text

No I don't read in Outlook Express. I use the
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/
to read
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Kobe University, Kobe, Japan

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you read the NG in an NNTP newsreader such as Outlook Express, you can
sort by name, date, subject, etc.

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
I put my name in "Search for" box to bring all my posts.
I am wondering in what order does the search shows the result. Definitly

it
is not a time order. I couldn't find logic behind the show results. Do you
know in what order it brings the result. When number of posts increases it

is
time consuming to find the desired post. Is it possible to change the

order?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Kobe University, Kobe, Japan

Order of posts in this ngIs there any way to select only text in the w

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As much as you are posting here, you would find it much more efficient to
use a newsreader. If you use Internet Explorer as your browser, try clicking
the arrow beside the Mail button on the IE toolbar and choosing Read News.
Or see http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/...ommunities.htm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you read the NG in an NNTP newsreader such as Outlook Express, you

can
sort by name, date, subject, etc.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
I put my name in "Search for" box to bring all my posts.
I am wondering in what order does the search shows the result.

Definitly
it
is not a time order. I couldn't find logic behind the show results. Do

you
know in what order it brings the result. When number of posts

increases it
is
time consuming to find the desired post. Is it possible to change the

order?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Kobe University, Kobe, Japan

Order of posts in this ngIs there any way to select only text in the w

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan Khoshravan is offline

I am using Thunderbird as an Email reader. I checked it but couldn't find a
setting place for reading ng. I am not sure if Thunderbird can read
newsgroups.
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Kobe University, Kobe, Japan

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It's newsreading software you require, not e-mail software. Outlook Express
is usually mentioned because it comes with Windows. Make sure you disguise
your e-mail address of you will be overwhelmed with spam.
For OE - see http://www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you read the NG in an NNTP newsreader such as Outlook Express,
you can sort by name, date, subject, etc.

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Khoshravan" wrote in
message ...