Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Gary Burton

Default How to repair a broken link to template.

I have many documents created from a public folder template that
contains styles and keyboard macros. Therefore whenever I open one of the
documents, it pulls in the macros from the template. If someone on the
network changes the name of a folder in the path to the template, however,
the link is broken and I can't use the macros. I need the documents and the
template to remain public, so I can't control the fact that the path to the
template may get changed. I could put the macros in each document, but that
gets to be a big editing hassle -- especially if I have to change the macros
later.

Is there a way to repair that link when it becomes broken? I can't seem
to find one.

--
Gary Burton

CPU Usage When working with a Template I Created KM1 Microsoft Word Help 6 May 24th 05 04:38 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
Moving templates to other computer GeorgeMar Microsoft Word Help 10 February 19th 05 04:59 AM
Network template link problem Erik Microsoft Word Help 1 November 26th 04 03:40 PM
Template link prevents word doc from opening Scrich Microsoft Word Help 2 November 24th 04 03:40 PM