Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Hope Hare Hope Hare is offline

Default Landscape pages, Page Numbers, and running headers

In order to display page numbers for landscape pages, I use a frame in the
header, stretching down the side (which will be the top) of the page. This
works fine except sometimes--it removes the header from the next section.
That is, I have portrait pages with their odd/even headers--Section
Break--landscape page with odd/even frame headers--Section Break--no header
on portrait page! The footer is there, but I simply cannot access the header.
WHY, WHY? And when I kludge the page numbers into the portrait page header
area, with yet another frame, it shows up on the landscape pages
preceding--as if there were no section break! Sigh. I wish there were a
better way to insert page numbers onto a landscape page.
Thanks for any help with this!
Hope
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Before you make a change in the landscape section, you must unlink it from
the previous and following sections, and you must do this for ALL the
headers/footers in the section. AND (and this is a big gotcha), even if you
think you have anchored something to the footer, Word may decide to anchor
it to the header instead, and if you unlinked only the footers and not the
headers, then you're in for some grief from that as well.

http://word.mvps.org