Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Dennis Hughes

Default New Newsletter

I'm making a new newsletter for the first time and want to have a vertical
"text box" or frame on the left side.

This text would be the staff, etc. that doesn't change from issue to issue.

I make a text box ok but I can't enter text in it and the help is no help in
this instance.

How do you enter text in a text box?

Thanks and perplexed,

Dennis

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jezebel

You type it in, same as any other text.

If that's not working, perhaps you drew a rectangle rather than a textbox?

"Dennis Hughes" wrote in message
I'm making a new newsletter for the first time and want to have a vertical
"text box" or frame on the left side.

This text would be the staff, etc. that doesn't change from issue to
issue.

I make a text box ok but I can't enter text in it and the help is no help
in this instance.

How do you enter text in a text box?

Thanks and perplexed,

Dennis

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Dennis Hughes

I went to insert and selected Text Box and a box appeared in my document
with the words "Create your drawing here". I click in the center and a
small box appears. It wouldn't take any typed text.

I'm using Office 2003 on a XP platform.

Dennis

"Jezebel" wrote in message
You type it in, same as any other text.

If that's not working, perhaps you drew a rectangle rather than a textbox?

"Dennis Hughes" wrote in message
I'm making a new newsletter for the first time and want to have a
vertical "text box" or frame on the left side.

This text would be the staff, etc. that doesn't change from issue to
issue.

I make a text box ok but I can't enter text in it and the help is no help
in this instance.

How do you enter text in a text box?

Thanks and perplexed,

Dennis

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

That's not a text box; that's the drawing canvas. Your text box is in the
drawing canvas. To get a text box without the drawing canvas, disable the
option on the General tab of Tools | Options.

"Jezebel" wrote in message
You type it in, same as any other text.

If that's not working, perhaps you drew a rectangle rather than a

textbox?

"Dennis Hughes" wrote in message
I'm making a new newsletter for the first time and want to have a
vertical "text box" or frame on the left side.

This text would be the staff, etc. that doesn't change from issue to
issue.

I make a text box ok but I can't enter text in it and the help is no

help
in this instance.

How do you enter text in a text box?

Thanks and perplexed,

Dennis

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Dennis Hughes

Suzanne,

Once again you come to my rescue. It works normally now.

Thanks,

Dennis

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
That's not a text box; that's the drawing canvas. Your text box is in the
drawing canvas. To get a text box without the drawing canvas, disable the
option on the General tab of Tools | Options.

so
all may benefit.