et

Default Highlighting in document map

I use the document map a lot, and have a problem I've never had before. The
item that I am on in the Document Map is now higlighted with dark blue, and
I can't see the text. What did I do and how to I undo it?

Klaus Linke

Hi,

The dark blue background if selected is probably ok, just the font color
should be "automatic", so the text displays white on blue.

The "Document Map" style is based on the "Normal" paragraph style.
Probably, you changed the color of "Normal" to black. You can either change
that, or the "Document Map" style, to "Format Font Color Automatic".

Regards,
Klaus

"et" wrote:
I use the document map a lot, and have a problem I've never had before.
The item that I am on in the Document Map is now higlighted with dark
blue, and I can't see the text. What did I do and how to I undo it?

Shauna Kelly

Hi

The display of the Document Map is goverened by the Document Map style. You
can modify the Document Map style just like any other style, but it is not
displayed by default. How you modify it depends on what version of Word you
have, and there are explanations for different versions at

How to modify styles in Microsoft Word
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.