ted medin

Default space @ start of line

Have a doc which will not allow me to insert a space @ the start of line. I
can insert text but not a space. HELP! TIA

--
in Christ's matchless name

Chuck Davis

You cannot insert spaces at the beginning of a line unless (a) the preceding
line ends in a line break or paragraph break or (b) you enable the
Compatibililty Option to "Wrap trailing spaces to the next line." By design,
Word piles up spaces at the end of a line. If you tell us what you're trying
to accomplish by inserting a space, we may be able to tell you a better way
to do it (a hanging indent perhaps?).