david_d

Default Can I type in one cell and have it duplicated in another without .

I made a purchase order template in word and I have two spaces where the PO#
will appear, one at top and the other at the bottom. Is it possible to key
the number in at the top cell and have it automaticly appear in the bottom
cell?

Herb Tyson [MVP]

Even if it's not a protected form, the original item(s) can be bookmarked,
then replicated elsewhere using a ref field.

Suppose I have #43555667788 inserted in one particular place, and want it to
also appear elsewhere. Select the whole number and choose Insert - Bookmark.
Give it a name and click Add.

Next, put the insertion point where you want the number to appear. Choose
Insert - Field. Under Field Names, choose Ref. Under Bookmark Name:, click
the name you used, then click OK.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If this is a protected form, the form field is bookmarked and can be
cross-referenced. See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm

so
all may benefit.

"david_d" wrote in message
I made a purchase order template in word and I have two spaces where the

PO#
will appear, one at top and the other at the bottom. Is it possible to

key
the number in at the top cell and have it automaticly appear in the
bottom
cell?

david_d

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:hhghg

"david_d" wrote in message
I made a purchase order template in word and I have two spaces where the

PO#
will appear, one at top and the other at the bottom. Is it possible to

key
the number in at the top cell and have it automaticly appear in the
bottom
cell?

Thanks but I was trying to have the number repeat itself in another cell as
I typed it once.
Herb Tyson [MVP]

If you set the template up correctly, you can have the number appear in
another cell, but only after updating the field. Or, if it's in a protected
form, you could have a macro automatically update the field for you after
finishing the entry. But, if you want the number to appear elsewhere AS
you're typing it, that's not a capability that's built into Word. It likely
could be done using VBA, but it sounds like a lot of work for something
that's not functionally essential.

I'm not aware of ANY _word processors_ that do that... and I believe I've
used them all. Happy hunting!

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"david_d" wrote in message
"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:hhghg

Thanks but I was trying to have the number repeat itself in another cell
as
I typed it once.

Charles Kenyon

In a protected form, if the field is marked to "calculate on exit" it will
automatically update a REF field that depends on it (as well as calculation
fields).
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
If you set the template up correctly, you can have the number appear in
another cell, but only after updating the field. Or, if it's in a
protected form, you could have a macro automatically update the field for
you after finishing the entry. But, if you want the number to appear
elsewhere AS you're typing it, that's not a capability that's built into
Word. It likely could be done using VBA, but it sounds like a lot of work
for something that's not functionally essential.

I'm not aware of ANY _word processors_ that do that... and I believe I've
used them all. Happy hunting!

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com