Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
pms pms is offline

Default "IF" Statement and Multiple Conditions

I've been using this feature for a very long time. I can't seem to figure
this one out. I'm using Word 2003. I have a document that requires another
document be inserted. The conditions are only for states AL, AZ, IL, IN OR MI
({MERGEFIELD RISK_STATE}) AND if the line of business {MERGEFIELD LOB} is EP,
NP OR HO. Help! Thanks, PS
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The easiest thing will be to set up a nested If...then...Else construction
for each state

{ IF { MERGEFIELD RISK_STATE } = AL { IF { MERGEFIELD LOB } = EP {
INCLUDETEXT "DRIVE:/PATH/FILENAME" } "" } "" }

and repeat this with no space between each of the above field constructions
for each of the other states.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.