Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
andi andi is offline

Default Office2000 Email Merge stopped working and annoying prompts

Two questions please:

Using word 2000. Email merge (word to outlook) was working fine until two
of the addresses in my list failed (addresses were not valid). Since then,
when I try to do a merge, word prompts for the outlook profile to be used but
never proceeds further (no prompt to allow access to Outlook, etc.). Are
there particular .dll's I should look at replacing and, if so, can I replace
them with those from XP machines also running office 2000 (unfortunately, my
machine is W2K).

When/if I do get it working again, I would love to be able to tell it to
allow access to Outlook for X number of minutes and NOT be prompted to
approve the sending of each email. This sort of defeats the expediency of an
email merge. Is there a registry edit that I can make to tell it to be
satisfied with the general "allow access for X minutes"? I thought that it
worked this way on my XP/Office2003 machine but I see now that asks for the
same annoying authorization for each mail.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Andi L, MCP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

For the first issue, see if the following article helps:

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0002.htm

To avoid the prompts, download the "Express ClickYes" utility that is
available as a free download
from:

http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes/

That will allow you to overcome the prompt for permission which may be what
is causing the issue.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Andi" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
andi andi is offline

Thanks Doug,

I had seen your previous posts and although the issue is not the same (email
option is not grayed out, just does not proceed), I do plan on checking the
win.ini file when I am next in the office. Since the prompt for an Outlook
profile does occur and indicates that the merge does begin, I am not sure
this is where the issue lies, but will take a look.

Was hoping that MS might recognize the need to circumvent the continual
prompt for permissions when it has already been authorized without having to
download a third party piece. Anyone? If not, again, I appreciate the tip
on the "Express click".

Andi

Stopped Working Don Bouchard New Users 1 September 3rd 07 04:39 AM
Email merge not working TC Mailmerge 1 January 6th 06 06:48 AM
Mail merge has stopped working with Excel input Myrna Mailmerge 0 November 10th 05 06:39 PM
Mail Merge has stopped working Stephen Glynn New Users 3 August 18th 05 02:03 PM
Annoying prompts in form John H Tables 2 July 15th 05 10:13 PM