Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Stapes Stapes is offline

Default Mail merge with Access 2007 and WIF file Options

Hi

I am trying to run a mail merge using Word 2007, Access 2007, and a
database with User level security using a workgroup information file.
I have got as far as trying to Select Recipients. Where and how do I
specify the Workgroup Information File?

I am looking at a Data Link Properties dialog box (from the Word Mail
Merge). It has a field for the datasource, which is set to :
C:\Projects\AC Global\Secure DB\SCOPSdb1.mdb

Below that, I have ticked the box Use a specific user name and
password, and supplied those.

When I click the Test Connection button, it just says that the
Workgroup Information File is missing.

How do I do it?

Stapes
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Get around the issue by customizing the Quick Access Toolbar in Access to
add the Merge it with Microsoft Office Word button from the "Commands Not in
the Ribbon" or "All Commands" group of the Choose commands from pulldown.

To do this, you click on the Office button and then on Access Options in the
bottom of the dialog and then on Customize.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"stapes" wrote in message
Hi

I am trying to run a mail merge using Word 2007, Access 2007, and a
database with User level security using a workgroup information file.
I have got as far as trying to Select Recipients. Where and how do I
specify the Workgroup Information File?

I am looking at a Data Link Properties dialog box (from the Word Mail
Merge). It has a field for the datasource, which is set to :
C:\Projects\AC Global\Secure DB\SCOPSdb1.mdb

Below that, I have ticked the box Use a specific user name and
password, and supplied those.

When I click the Test Connection button, it just says that the
Workgroup Information File is missing.

How do I do it?

Stapes

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Stapes Stapes is offline

"stapes" wrote in message

Hi

I am trying to run a mail merge using Word 2007, Access 2007, and a
database with User level security using a workgroup information file.
I have got as far as trying to Select Recipients. Where and how do I
specify the Workgroup Information File?

I am looking at a Data Link Properties dialog box (from the Word Mail
Merge). It has a field for the datasource, which is set to :
C:\Projects\AC Global\Secure DB\SCOPSdb1.mdb

Below that, I have ticked the box Use a specific user name and
password, and supplied those.

When I click the Test Connection button, it just says that the
Workgroup Information File is missing.

How do I do it?

Stapes- Hide quoted text -

Hi

This solution brings up an error as word loads:

You do not have the necessary permissions to use the 'C:\Projects\AC
Global\Secure DB\SCOPSdb1.mdb' object. Have your system administrator
or the person who created establish the appropriate permissions for
you.

I am logged in as the Admin user, and have all the permissions set for
the table I am trying to Merge.

Stapes
Posted to microsoft.public.access.security,microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I think that it might be more appropriate to post about the problem to an
Access newsgroup so I am cross-posting this response to
microsoft.public.access.security. Hopefully one of the experts there will
come up with a solution.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.access.security,microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Stapes[_2_] Stapes[_2_] is offline

I solved this problem in the end by doing it all within access. I added a
table called letters, for the user to add any number of mailshots. The
preview button then runs it against the Customer table.