Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BWG BWG is offline

Default Opening a saved Merged document

I am using Mail Merge to save documents and after I have merged and saved the
document, it still prompts for "opening this document will run the following
SQL command" ... "Data from your database will be placed in the document.
Do you want to continue?"

It doesn't matter whether you click yes or no the document comes up and it
is no longer connected to the database, which is what I want, however, the
question is how do I save this document without the prompt for the SQL
command being shown each time the document is opened?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See "Opening This Will Run the Following SQL Command" Message When You Open
a Word Document at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=825765

http://word.mvps.org

"bwg" wrote in message
I am using Mail Merge to save documents and after I have merged and saved
the
document, it still prompts for "opening this document will run the
following
SQL command" ... "Data from your database will be placed in the
document.
Do you want to continue?"

It doesn't matter whether you click yes or no the document comes up and it
is no longer connected to the database, which is what I want, however, the
question is how do I save this document without the prompt for the SQL
command being shown each time the document is opened?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BWG BWG is offline

I want to be able to save the document without thw sql command so that when I
send it to a third party, they do not see the sql message when they open it.
Any suggestions?

"bwg" wrote in message
I am using Mail Merge to save documents and after I have merged and saved
the
document, it still prompts for "opening this document will run the
following
SQL command" ... "Data from your database will be placed in the
document.
Do you want to continue?"

It doesn't matter whether you click yes or no the document comes up and it
is no longer connected to the database, which is what I want, however, the
question is how do I save this document without the prompt for the SQL
command being shown each time the document is opened?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can't control what happens on someone else's system. They would have to
use the Registry fix as well. But this should not be happening with a merged
document, only with a mail merge main document.

http://word.mvps.org