Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
PS

Default How do I put legend in a figure caption

Hi

I am writing a paper in MS Word Office 2003. I have a few bar graphs
which I have made in Excel work sheet. I am trying to import these bar
graphs as figures into my word document. I have been successful for the
most part. However, there is a small problem related to the legends.

Due to one reason or another, I am supposed to include the legends of
the bar graphs in the figure captions in the word document. How do I do
that? In other words, is there a systematic method to include the legend
(the square boxes representing the bars of the graph) in the figure
caption? I have tried to make square graphic objects manually, but this
is prone to human error and I do not know how to make checkered and
hatched patterns in the squares.

All help is greatly appreciated. I am using Office 2003 on a Windows XP
professional (fully updated) system.

thanks
PS