Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Steve D. Steve D. is offline

Default Word 2007 Mailmerge - "From" Field ???

I want to change the "From" field of the email that gets sent out via a
mailmerge from Word 2007.

In Word 2003, I could click the "Message Headers" toolbar button and enter
it. Now it's gone. Not nice. Very frustrating.

Anyone have an idea of where this button is or how to set the "From" field
of the email messages?

Thanks !
--
Steve D.
Ethicon, Inc.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You must be logged into the mail program in the name that you want to appear
in the "From" field.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Steve D." wrote in message
news
I want to change the "From" field of the email that gets sent out via a
mailmerge from Word 2007.

In Word 2003, I could click the "Message Headers" toolbar button and enter
it. Now it's gone. Not nice. Very frustrating.

Anyone have an idea of where this button is or how to set the "From" field
of the email messages?

Thanks !
--
Steve D.
Ethicon, Inc.
Somerville, NJ, USA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Deborah Lynn Dimoff Deborah Lynn Dimoff is offline

Doug - I am using Outlook, I have not had luck in finding how to change the
default "From" field... can you provide help ?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

You must be logged into the mail program in the name that you want to appear
in the "From" field.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Steve D." wrote in message
news
I want to change the "From" field of the email that gets sent out via a
mailmerge from Word 2007.

In Word 2003, I could click the "Message Headers" toolbar button and enter
it. Now it's gone. Not nice. Very frustrating.

Anyone have an idea of where this button is or how to set the "From" field
of the email messages?

Thanks !
--
Steve D.
Ethicon, Inc.
Somerville, NJ, USA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Deborah Lynn Dimoff[_2_] Deborah Lynn Dimoff[_2_] is offline

That is my problem when I log in to Outlook I can not seem to locat where I
can change the "From" field. Can you indicate the path.. ie ToolsOptions

Will it make a difference if it is a network account?

I have two accounts can I set one to be the default?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

As I said, you must have an Outlook email account in the name that you want
to appear in the "From" field and you must be logged into Outlook in that
name.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Deborah Lynn Dimoff" Deborah Lynn wrote
in message ...

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

You must be logged into the mail program in the name that you want to
appear
in the "From" field.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Steve D." wrote in message
news I want to change the "From" field of the email that gets sent out via a
mailmerge from Word 2007.

In Word 2003, I could click the "Message Headers" toolbar button and
enter
it. Now it's gone. Not nice. Very frustrating.

Anyone have an idea of where this button is or how to set the "From"
field
of the email messages?

Thanks !
--
Steve D.
Ethicon, Inc.
Somerville, NJ, USA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

In Outlook 2007 - Tools Account Settings Select the account from which
you wish to send the e-mails. Set as default. Run the merge, then repeat the
above to restore your usual default account.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

You must be logged into the mail program in the name that you want
to appear
in the "From" field.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP