Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
warbara warbara is offline

Default How can I stop Merged nos. from excel having 6-7 nos after decimal

I merged nos from an excel spreadsheet into a chart in a memo done in word.
I formatted the nos in excel to 0 or 2 decimal places but when they merge
into excel I get 6-7 numbers after decimal and have to go in on each memo and
delete the extra numbers. How can I get these extra decimal places not to
come in when merging?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"warbara" wrote in message
I merged nos from an excel spreadsheet into a chart in a memo done in word.
I formatted the nos in excel to 0 or 2 decimal places but when they merge
into excel I get 6-7 numbers after decimal and have to go in on each memo
and
delete the extra numbers. How can I get these extra decimal places not to
come in when merging?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
barbaralou barbaralou is offline

Default How can I stop Merged nos. from excel having 6-7 nos after dec

I am having this same issue,,, sort of. I mail merging info from access into
a word doc. The zero's after the decimal are being left off. EX: if it is
68.30: 68.3 comes over, it the amount is 68.00: 68 comes over.
Any thought on why this is happening???????

"warbara" wrote in message
I merged nos from an excel spreadsheet into a chart in a memo done in word.
I formatted the nos in excel to 0 or 2 decimal places but when they merge
into excel I get 6-7 numbers after decimal and have to go in on each memo
and
delete the extra numbers. How can I get these extra decimal places not to
come in when merging?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
barbaralou barbaralou is offline

That worked!!! thanks!! However, when the numbers were merged, there are
spaces in between them: ex: 3 0 . 6 0 How do I get rid of those

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

It can be fixed the same way.

--

"warbara" wrote in message
I merged nos from an excel spreadsheet into a chart in a memo done in
word.
I formatted the nos in excel to 0 or 2 decimal places but when they
merge
into excel I get 6-7 numbers after decimal and have to go in on each
memo
and
delete the extra numbers. How can I get these extra decimal places not
come in when merging?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
barbaralou barbaralou is offline

Never mind!!! I figured it out!!! Thanks again for your help! The way I fixed
this is by omitting teh ;(0.00) in my mergefiled switch...

"barbaralou" wrote:

That worked!!! thanks!! However, when the numbers were merged, there are
spaces in between them: ex: 3 0 . 6 0 How do I get rid of those

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

It can be fixed the same way.