Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
dlf42 dlf42 is offline

Default MERGING FROM EXCEL TO WORD, DOLLAR FIELDS DO NOT ROUND

Several years ago I found the formula to round equations being merged from
Excel to Word. I can not find the formula and now want to use it again for a
new form. I would also like to know how to round in an excel workbook for
payroll.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

To suppress the display of the cents, use the following formatting switch

\# "$,0"

inside the closing } of the merge field.

If you actually want to round the number, check fellow MVP Macropod's Word
Field Maths 'tutorial', at:

http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=365442

To do it in Excel, you use the Round() function

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP