Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lori Lori is offline

Default 2003 Can't NOT Populate Doc w/Data in Merge

I can't seem to access the merge header information.

We have a mailmerge pointing to an Access dbase. When the document is
opened it give the message:

Opening this document will run the following SQL Command:
SELECT * FROM queryname
Data from your database will be placed in the document. Do you want to
Continue?

Clicking yes, populates the document with the first record.
Clicking no, populates the document with the first record. - Not liking that.

The merge toolbar is all gray except for the Main Doc Setup & Open
Datasource buttons, which doesn't actually open the Datasource but the
Datasource dialog box.

I select Mail Merge from the Tools menubar and use the current doc but when
I get to the data Browse is available and Edit is grayed out. If I click
next w/out assigning a datasource Datasource dialog appears.

Ah. What happened, why can't I relink to the source automatically any more,
it's still there? Why I am getting the first record?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the following Knowledge Base article:

"Opening This Will Run the Following SQL Command" Message When You Open a
Word Document - 825765 at:

http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=825765

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Lori" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lori Lori is offline

Doug~

Yah, I saw that one. The problem is when I click No, the document opens
with the first record showing where the field names should show.

We'd like to edit the document, text changes maybe moving the feilds around
or add/removing others, however it just shows the data.

When I reveal the field codes it's say {merg...} however it's not actually
linked to the datasource. So responding Yes or No the document behaves the
same way.

~Lori

"Lori" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lori Lori is offline

Doug~

I'm going to claim that I had too many phones to setup, to many documents to
fix, too many voices in my ear, too many fires and not enough water...

I'm going back to my cave now. Thank you.

~Lori