Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sharon Sharon is offline

Default Mail merging from a Word doc

I've got a document already prepared in Word & now, I want to create a mail
merge w/it. I've created the .mdb to go along w/it & attached it to the Word
doc. I've put all the merged fields in the Word doc. I go to Tools/Letters
& Mailings/Mail Merge/Edit Recipient List & then I come up w/the box that I
should be able to hit Edit & bring up the dialog box. Well, the Edit box is
grayed out. I've been working on this mail merge/template/mdb thing for
about a week now & nothing. I've recreated it several times. I've gone into
the .mdb itself using Access to try to figure out what's wrong & still
nothing. Do I have to recreate this thing again? Or is there another way I
can fix it?
--
Sharon
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

As you have probably gathered by now you cannot edit an MDB format data
source using Edit from the Merge Wizard (nor is it a true Access file). You
can convert it to an editable file by using the old MailMerge Helper - see
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm .
The simplest type of data source for merge, which is easy to maintain, is a
simple Word table.