Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Shimon Shimon is offline

Default Merging from two sources (Word and Access) and updating both

Hello Everybody,
I have a database where we keep information about or products, which include
Title, minimum price, estimated price etc.
We have a seperate person working on the descriptions of the item, which are
periodically changed and updated.
Each item has a unique Atonumber ID.
I would like to have a word document that has the UID and text, and have the
final document pull theTitle and price info from the DB and the description
from the word document.
Each document has a number of items, but they are not nubered sequentially
(by the autonumber) eventually, we put it into a catalog and assign each
item a lot number.

I will add the relevant files if that is necessary. Right now the files ae
bi-lingual, but i can clean it up.

Thans alot if for any help,
Shimon

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Mail merge can only use a single, flat file as the data source.

To do what you want, you would have to use a macro that amounted to a
"roll-your-own" equivalent to Mail Merge with some added functionality.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP