Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Karen Karen is offline

Default Merge document - disappearing bullet

I have a complex merge document in which an if statement is part of a
bulleted list. While viewing the field codes, I can see the bullet, but once
the document is merged, the bullet disappears and leaves a hanging indent
instead. Can someone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Andrea Jones Andrea Jones is offline

Did you apply the bullet using Word's bullet icon? What version of Office
are you using? I tried it by applying normal bullets and it worked fine.

Andrea Jones
www.stratatraining.co.uk

"Karen" wrote:

I have a complex merge document in which an if statement is part of a
bulleted list. While viewing the field codes, I can see the bullet, but once
the document is merged, the bullet disappears and leaves a hanging indent
instead. Can someone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Andrea Jones Andrea Jones is offline

One possibility is that you haven't got a paragraph break after the previous
bullet point. Press CTRL + Shift + 8 to display the formatting marks, if you
see a bent arrow instead of an end of paragraph mark on the line above the IF
field then that's probably the cause of your problem.

Andrea Jones
www.stratatraining.co.uk