Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kim kim is offline

Default disappearing text or table box?

Is there a way to create a document that will show instructions but then
disappear when highlighted? Or instructions would show if the text box or
table was hovered over by a mouse? This would be sonething a user could fill
in, sort of like a form.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello Kim

kim wrote:
Is there a way to create a document that will show instructions but then
disappear when highlighted? Or instructions would show if the text box or
table was hovered over by a mouse? This would be sonething a user could fill
in, sort of like a form.

comments could be used for this, and the hyperlink feature might be
hijacked as well.

MVP Jay Freedman has come up with an interesting approach lately, by
using an AUTOTEXTLIST field construct. If you look at the other two
approaches and need another option, I could dig the exact field up for
you ...

HTH
Robert
--