Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KmatKat KmatKat is offline

Default dot leaders in WORD 2007

Using WORD 2007. HOw do I make a dot leader from text to a number without
using the TOC function?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 12:05:06 -0700, KmatKat
wrote:

Using WORD 2007. HOw do I make a dot leader from text to a number without
using the TOC function?

Open the Tabs dialog (Alt+O, T) and set a tab stop at the desired position with
the dot leader.

Don't go through the Paragraph dialog and click the Tab button there; Word 2007
has a nasty bug at that spot (see
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...b202fd2672447).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Use a tab with a dotted leader.

From the Help file:
"Type the text that you want.
On the horizontal ruler, set the tab stop that you want.
On the Page Layout tab, click the Paragraph Dialog Box Launcher.

In the Paragraph dialog box, click Tabs.
Under Leader, click the leader option that you want."

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"KmatKat" wrote in message
Using WORD 2007. HOw do I make a dot leader from text to a number without
using the TOC function?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan Freeman Dan Freeman is offline

wrote:

Using WORD 2007. HOw do I make a dot leader from text to a number
without using the TOC function?

Open the Tabs dialog (Alt+O, T) and set a tab stop at the desired
position with the dot leader.

Don't go through the Paragraph dialog and click the Tab button there;
Word 2007 has a nasty bug at that spot (see
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...b202fd2672447).

Oh, that's a WHOPPER of a bug! The effect could range from "meh!" to
"Everything's ruined!"

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It's especially egregious considering that there's no straightforward way to
get to the Tabs dialog through the UI. It's absurd to require users to
remember pre-Word 2007 keyboard shortcuts or to insert a tab on the ruler in
order to double-click on it. I ran into this just yesterday and vaguely
recalled that there was something wonky about Tabs but not what it was;
luckily I wasn't doing anything important. I feel another QAT customization
coming on. Unfortunately, that's one of the commands with the cute green
button. sigh