Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
donna donna is offline

Default TOC heading 1 text bold, dot leaders and page number NOT bold

Is it possible to have the TOC heading 1 text bold, but the dot leaders and
page number NOT bold?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Unfortunately not.

"Donna" wrote in message
Is it possible to have the TOC heading 1 text bold, but the dot leaders
and
page number NOT bold?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
donna donna is offline

That's what I thought. Now to convince my client! lol

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Unfortunately not.

"Donna" wrote in message
Is it possible to have the TOC heading 1 text bold, but the dot leaders
and
page number NOT bold?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well ... at the very end of the project, after the last time you
generate the ToC, you could sever all its hyperlinks and apply Bold or
not to what will then be ordinary text.

On Nov 21, 1:11*am, Donna wrote:
That's what I thought. Now to convince my client! lol

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Unfortunately not.

"Donna" wrote in message
Is it possible to have the TOC heading 1 text bold, but the dot leaders
and
page number NOT bold?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You won't want to tell your client this, but it *is* possible--just an awful
lot of work. To do it, you would have to unlink the TOC (Ctrl+Shift+F9),
which of course you would not be able to do until you are *sure* editing is
complete (and even then I would be careful to retain a copy of the file with
a "live" TOC field as backup) and then edit it manually. Changing just the
page numbers would not be too challenging, as that can be done with column
select (Alt+drag), but changing the leaders would be a real pain.

"Donna" wrote in message
That's what I thought. Now to convince my client! lol

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Unfortunately not.