Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Elizabeth, Sonoma County Elizabeth, Sonoma County is offline

Default How do I merge formula results in Word 2007?

When I am merging formatted dates (=date in another cell plus 14 days) the
merged results are the numerical equivalents of the dates. How can I keep the
actual formatted dates without saving the dates in the spreadsheet as values?
Other typical merging errors include losing the number formatting (dollar
signs, comma separator, etc.)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Elizabeth,

If you're wanting to add 14 days to the date in your mailmerge datasource, check out my Date Calc 'tutorial', at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=249902
or
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party
In particular, look at the item titled 'Date and Time Calculations In A Mailmerge'. Do read the document's introductory material.

For number formatting in general, see: http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm

--
Cheers
macropod

"Elizabeth, Sonoma County" Elizabeth, Sonoma wrote in message
When I am merging formatted dates (=date in another cell plus 14 days) the
merged results are the numerical equivalents of the dates. How can I keep the
actual formatted dates without saving the dates in the spreadsheet as values?
Other typical merging errors include losing the number formatting (dollar
signs, comma separator, etc.)

Is there a Formula capability (ala Excel) within Word 2007? Pete M. Tables 2 October 14th 08 04:51 PM
merge Access 'formula field' to Word Misterblanks Mailmerge 3 March 11th 07 06:04 AM
Formatting results of merge Dave Shaw Mailmerge 3 November 15th 06 06:59 AM
Hide Formula Results Bob Tables 1 January 9th 06 06:42 PM
Merge to ODC driver: merge results displayed in main document Rosa Mailmerge 1 October 11th 05 07:01 PM