Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Reliable Guy Reliable Guy is offline

Default How do I change number format.

Within the same document, the following fractions appear: ½, 7/8 , ¼ , 1/8
I can not find a way to make the formatting the same across the board. Help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

That's because your autocorrect options have been set to automatically change
the text combination 1/2 to ½, 1/4 to ¼, and 3/4 to ¾. The autocorrect
options will not automatically change other text combinations (such as 1/8)
to their fraction symbols.

You can EITHER

1. Use the Replace function to change the fraction symbols (like ½) back to
text combinations (like 1/2). If you use this option, turn OFF the
autocorrect fraction option so they don't change back.

OR

2. Use the replace function to change the text combinations (such as 7/8) to
their fraction characters (like …ž). If you use this option, you can insert
fraction characters from Insert - Symbol, or by using Alt-X combinations that
will be shown in the Insert-Symbol window.

I hope this helps.

Fred

"Reliable Guy" wrote:

Within the same document, the following fractions appear: ½, 7/8 , ¼ , 1/8
I can not find a way to make the formatting the same across the board. Help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TedMi[_2_] TedMi[_2_] is offline

That's because 1/2 and 1/4 (and also 3/4) are single characters in most
True-Type fonts, whereas x/8 are not. You would need to get a font-editing
program to add single characters for the other fractions to your fonts -
most such programs have fraction creation as examples in their tutorials.
-TedMi

"Reliable Guy" Reliable wrote in message
Within the same document, the following fractions appear: ?, 7/8 , ? ,
1/8
I can not find a way to make the formatting the same across the board.
Help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

Actually, besides the half and quarter fractions you mention, Word can insert
fraction characters for the x/3, x/5, x/6, and x/8 fractions. There may be
others I don't know about as well.

Fred

"TedMi" wrote:

That's because 1/2 and 1/4 (and also 3/4) are single characters in most
True-Type fonts, whereas x/8 are not. You would need to get a font-editing
program to add single characters for the other fractions to your fonts -
most such programs have fraction creation as examples in their tutorials.
-TedMi

"Reliable Guy" Reliable wrote in message
Within the same document, the following fractions appear: ?, 7/8 , ? ,
1/8
I can not find a way to make the formatting the same across the board.
Help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You'll find the thirds and the eighths in many fonts under the "Number
Forms" group in the Insert Symbol panel, and in some fonts you'll find
complete sets of superscript and subscript numbers, and the "fraction
slash" at Unicode no. 2044, for making any fraction without using
Word's super- and subscripting format, which makes the numbers look
too light for surrounding text.

On Feb 24, 12:46Â*pm, Idaho Word Man
wrote:
[...]

"Reliable Guy" wrote:
Within the same document, the following fractions appear: Â*½, 7/8 , ¼ , 1/8
I can not find a way to make the formatting the same across the board. Â*Help-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

On Feb 24, 12:03*pm, Reliable Guy Reliable
wrote:
Within the same document, the following fractions appear: *½, 7/8 , ¼ , 1/8
I can not find a way to make the formatting the same across the board. *Help

Reliable Guy,

You might find some of the information contained here helpful:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Formatted_Fractions.htm
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CreateFraction.htm for several
approaches.