Kylor

Default Formatting a percentage mail merge field

Word XP is converting my percentages from Excel from 41% to 0.4135483679 I am
trying to find the correct syntax to format the field. This is what have
been trying
{ ={mergefield amount } *100\#"0%"} I keep getting a syntax error.
Greg

Try

{ =({mergefield amount } *100)\# #.00%}

Also you might want to have a look at Graham Mayor's discussion on
merging Excel data he

Kylor

I am still getting "!Syntax, {" error. Actually I found that site before I
posted here. That is where I got my original attempt at formatting the
field. Any thoughts as to why its not working?

"Greg" wrote:

Try

{ =({mergefield amount } *100)\# #.00%}

Also you might want to have a look at Graham Mayor's discussion on
merging Excel data he

Greg

Kylor,

Are you entering each pair of field code braces with CTRL+F9 ?