Alex James

Default How to merge from a list and have templates in more than one langu

I am undertaking mailings to Belgium and therefore the same mail merge
template that goes out must be in a different language for each person. I
have the correct language coded in the data source, against each record, so
based on this code I want the template to be in Dutch, French or Flemish. I
do not want to split the list up, I want to select all people and the letter
to be in the appropriate language accordingly. Any advice greatly
appreciated!
Charles Kenyon

You will need a field in your data source coded for language. Then use
conditional (IF) fields to select language in your template to match the
code field.

If you look at the mailmerge FAQ on the MVP site (below) you will find a
topic dealing with blank fields in a mailmerge and getting rid of blank
lines. This topic shows how to set up an IF field to test for the content of
a merge field. It should help you get started.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.