Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ikeyre Ikeyre is offline

Default Help Spell Check in Word 2007 Protected Documents

I have created a protected form and noticed it didn't spell check when I
tested as a user. I searched and found
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ProtectDoc.htm
I copied and pasted into VBE re-protected the document closed and opened as
a user and still unable to spell check. Is there something I'm missing.
Perhaps clearer instructions? Could someone please walk me through this step
by step? Perhaps I don't have a full understanding of Macros??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Note that you will have to run the macro manually, for example by assigning
a toolbar button. See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ikeyre" wrote in message
I have created a protected form and noticed it didn't spell check when I
tested as a user. I searched and found
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ProtectDoc.htm
I copied and pasted into VBE re-protected the document closed and opened
as
a user and still unable to spell check. Is there something I'm missing.
Perhaps clearer instructions? Could someone please walk me through this
step
by step? Perhaps I don't have a full understanding of Macros??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ikeyre Ikeyre is offline

Thank you,
I just realized the document is being checked, just not the text boxes. How
do I get spell checker to work in the text boxes? I've used text control.

"Ikeyre" wrote in message
I have created a protected form and noticed it didn't spell check when I
tested as a user. I searched and found
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ProtectDoc.htm
I copied and pasted into VBE re-protected the document closed and opened
as
a user and still unable to spell check. Is there something I'm missing.
Perhaps clearer instructions? Could someone please walk me through this
step
by step? Perhaps I don't have a full understanding of Macros??

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You are referring to text form fields? When the macro was created, content
controls didn't exist, so I don't know what effect (if any) the macro has on
them.

Note that for more specific assistance with the macro, you may want to ask
in a programming newsgroup such as microsoft.public.word.vba.general.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ikeyre" wrote in message
I have created a protected form and noticed it didn't spell check when I
tested as a user. I searched and found
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ProtectDoc.htm
I copied and pasted into VBE re-protected the document closed and
opened
as
a user and still unable to spell check. Is there something I'm missing.
Perhaps clearer instructions? Could someone please walk me through this
step
by step? Perhaps I don't have a full understanding of Macros??

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ikeyre Ikeyre is offline

Yes I'm referring to the text form fields. Good idea posting to the other
newsgroup. I did change the form from text form fields to Rich Text and then
the code from http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ProtectDoc.htm
and it seems to work by replacing automatically misspelled words for example
if you were to spell familey it would correct same as apperently would
correct it. Thats the best I could do for now. thanks for your help!

"Ikeyre" wrote in message
I have created a protected form and noticed it didn't spell check when I
tested as a user. I searched and found
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ProtectDoc.htm
I copied and pasted into VBE re-protected the document closed and
opened
as
a user and still unable to spell check. Is there something I'm missing.
Perhaps clearer instructions? Could someone please walk me through this
step
by step? Perhaps I don't have a full understanding of Macros??

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm glad you got it sorted!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ikeyre" wrote in message
I have created a protected form and noticed it didn't spell check
when I
tested as a user. I searched and found
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ProtectDoc.htm
I copied and pasted into VBE re-protected the document closed and
opened
as
a user and still unable to spell check. Is there something I'm
missing.
Perhaps clearer instructions? Could someone please walk me through
this
step
by step? Perhaps I don't have a full understanding of Macros??

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm glad you got it sorted!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ikeyre" wrote in message
I have created a protected form and noticed it didn't spell check
when I
tested as a user. I searched and found
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ProtectDoc.htm
I copied and pasted into VBE re-protected the document closed and
opened
as
a user and still unable to spell check. Is there something I'm
missing.
Perhaps clearer instructions? Could someone please walk me through
this
step
by step? Perhaps I don't have a full understanding of Macros??

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jake jake is offline

"Do not check spelling or grammar" is the default setting for Text Form Fields.

This is what I found that worked:

Unprotect the document
Select all (CTRL+A)
REVIEW tab SET LANGUAGE in the PROOFING group
CLEAR the DO NOT CHECK SPELLING OR GRAMMAR checkbox
OK

Now you should be able to spell check text contained in the Text Form fields.

This is the macro I found years ago and modified to include the above steps.
Note: The last line ("ActiveDocument.Protect Type:...") is from the time
when Text Form Fields were automatically reset when the document was filled
out, unprotected, then protected again. Probably not needed now.

Sub RunSpellcheck()
'
' RunSpellCheck Macro
' This macro selects the Speller's CHECK DOCUMENT to recheck the spelling,
' selects the entire unprotected document, applies English(US), then
' runs Spell Check.
'
Application.ResetIgnoreAll
ActiveDocument.SpellingChecked = False
ActiveDocument.GrammarChecked = False

Selection.WholeStory
Selection.LanguageID = wdEnglishUS
Selection.NoProofing = False
Application.CheckLanguage = True
If Options.CheckGrammarWithSpelling = True Then
ActiveDocument.CheckGrammar
Else
ActiveDocument.CheckSpelling
End If
Selection.HomeKey Unit:=wdStory
ActiveDocument.Protect Type:=wdAllowOnlyFormFields, NoReset:=True
End Sub