Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pink Pink is offline

Default how can I unlock automatic delete mechanism in word program?

while typing using Word, I encountered a problem. after typing, I went back,
and wanted to change a phrase; by inserting the cursor at the end of the
phrase, I backspaced to erase the unwanted phrase. Now when I typed the new
phrase, it simply is swallowing the text. So, I must have triggered a
deleting mechanism. How can I resolve this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Turn overwrite / overtype off. If enabled, this is generally the function of
the "Insert" key on your keyboard.

Yves