Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JERRY JERRY is offline

Default How do I track changes in Word without using balloons?

Go to your change tracking options window (on the Review ribbon in 2007,
under the Tools menu in earlier versions). Select underlined for insertions,
strikethrough for deletions, set the color for black, and choose Never for
balloons.

If this helps, please check Yes below.

"Lodws" wrote:

I want to make insertions as underlined and deletions as a line through the
text, in black, without balloons.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lodws Lodws is offline

I want to make insertions as underlined and deletions as a line through the
text, in black, without balloons.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

There's a dropdown in the Track Changes Options dialog to set when balloons
are shown. Choose "Never". The underlines and strikethroughs are set in the
top part of that dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman