Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
VickiAGO VickiAGO is offline

Default Table of Contents

I am updating a manual that was created by someone else and then passed on to
me through several different computers. There is a Table of Contents, and
the Appendix part of the Table of Contents appears to have different
formatting than the rest of the Table of Contents. I can update the page
numbers in the Table of Contents by hitting the F9 button, but when I click
on the show/hide button, none of the bracketed fields show up in the document
itself. I need to update a few of the Table of Contents headings (the
appendices in particular) within the document. If I try, out of desperation,
to type changes directly into the Table of Contents the spacing doesn't look
right. Is there a way I can update the Table of Contents when the fields
don't show up in the document?