Duchesse

Default Create see and see also references in an index?

How can I create see and see also references in an index? I have a 200+ page
document for which I have created an index using a concordance. Sometimes
there is more than one name or phrase which readers might use to look up
material in the document; I would like to direct readers from all the other
terms to a single, standard one. For example, "Snookims," "Baby-cakes,"
"Sweetie-Pie," and "Goodwoman, Hermione" might all be names readers would
look for in the index, and I would like to have an entry in the index for
each of the nicknames which would send readers to the standard entry. At
"Snookims" in the index, a reader would find, "See Goodwoman, Hermione."
Slightly different, but also useful, is the see also reference. There might
be good reasons to include both "Snookims" and "Goodwoman, Hermione" in the
index with references; perhaps under "Snookims" there would be references to
material explaining specifically how that nickname came about. The index
would have an entry under "Snookims" with pages references as well as "See
also Goodwoman, Hermione." How do I create these kinds of entries in my

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob L Bob L is offline

How can I automate the cross references described below (snookims and such)
while using a CONCORDANCE file?

Thanks,

Bob L