bridgetp

Default how do I delete a hidden chart?

Chart is hidden but prints- how do i delete it?
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Tools - Options - View, make sure that Drawings is checked, and Picture
Placeholders is not checked. Click OK. Does the chart show up now? If not,
choose View - Print Layout. Can you see it now? Once you can see it, click
on it, then tap the Delete key.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"bridgetp" wrote in message
Chart is hidden but prints- how do i delete it?

bridgetp

None of these solutions worked. I know that i accidentally inserted it by
clicking on the Insert drop down menu, then picture, then chart. Then, it
just dissapears. I dont want it o be there anyway. It prints out on top of
a resume. I thought it might help for you to know how i put the chart there.
Thanks for any input!

"bridgetp" wrote in message
Chart is hidden but prints- how do i delete it?

Herb Tyson [MVP]

I wonder if it's actually formatted as hidden. Choose Tools - Options -
View. Under Formatting Marks, is Hidden checked? If not, click to check it.
Does the graphic show up now?

If not... choose File - Print Preview. Does the graphic show up now? If so,
click the Magnifier tool on the toolbar to turn the pointer back into a text
cursor. Then click on the graphic and tap the delete key.

If you still haven't managed to make it visible... is this a multipage
document? If not, display the Drawing toolbar and click the Select Objects
tool (near the left end). Use the pointer to draw a box around the page in
which the chart appears. In theory, this will select the chart. Can you see
it now?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com

"bridgetp" wrote in message
Chart is hidden but prints- how do i delete it?

bridgetp

I have tried your new suggestions. None of these work either. I reprinted
the resume document again. THe random chart is still appears. I selected
the whole page. All i see is the text that prints. I checked the options
you mentioned- still nothing. Are you stumped?

"bridgetp" wrote in message
Chart is hidden but prints- how do i delete it?

bridgetp

I do not see it on Print Preview. I see it no where but when it prints out.
I clicked on View, then Header and Footer- still nothing. Would you like me
to send it to you? Would that help?

"bridgetp" wrote in message
Chart is hidden but prints- how do i delete it?

Does your printer driver offer the option of printing a watermark? It's a
very long shot but remotely possible that it's originating there. The other
issue we've seen with such graphics is that they are somehow embedded in XML
(one we saw before was a ladybird). They are not visible in any view,
including Print Preview.

You can send a *small* sample (I'm on dial-up), and I'll be happy to look at
it, but if the graphic *is* coming from your printer driver, then of course
there will be nothing for me to see, and I've forgotten how I managed

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You haven't confirmed whether or not you are seeing it in Print Preview.

If
you do, you should be able to delete it there according to Herb's
instructions. Could it perhaps be anchored to the Header or Footer?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"bridgetp" wrote in message
Chart is hidden but prints- how do i delete it?

bridgetp

Not finding any options that include printing watermarks. however, this
chart appears in fron tof the text not behind like a watermark would. Thanks
for all the suggestions. Let me know if you have any more. THanks so much!

"bridgetp" wrote in message
Chart is hidden but prints- how do i delete it?

I looked at Bridget's document, and it turned out to have an { EMBED
MSGraph.Chart.8 \s } field. Although I still don't understand why the chart
doesn't display in any view, when this field is removed, the chart does not
print.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

Tools - Options - View, make sure that Drawings is checked,

and
Picture
Placeholders is not checked. Click OK. Does the chart show up

now? If
not,
choose View - Print Layout. Can you see it now? Once you can

see
it,
click
on it, then tap the Delete key.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Please respond in the newsgroups so everyone can follow

along.
http://www.herbtyson.com
"bridgetp" wrote in

message
Chart is hidden but prints- how do i delete it?

Herb Tyson [MVP]

Wow. Hard to imagine why it didn't display in any view. Did it *not* display
for you, as well? If that's the case, could you email it to me so I can play
with it? (I love a good mystery)

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

Tools - Options - View, make sure that Drawings is checked,

and
Picture
Placeholders is not checked. Click OK. Does the chart show
up
now? If
not,
choose View - Print Layout. Can you see it now? Once you can

see
it,
click
on it, then tap the Delete key.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Please respond in the newsgroups so everyone can follow

along.
http://www.herbtyson.com
"bridgetp" wrote in

message
Chart is hidden but prints- how do i delete it?

Indeed it did not. I thought it might be one of those weird XML ones like
the "Ladybird" file, but this was a different case. I'll send it right
along.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
Wow. Hard to imagine why it didn't display in any view. Did it *not*

display
for you, as well? If that's the case, could you email it to me so I can

play
with it? (I love a good mystery)

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I looked at Bridget's document, and it turned out to have an { EMBED
MSGraph.Chart.8 \s } field. Although I still don't understand why the
chart
doesn't display in any view, when this field is removed, the chart does
not
print.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Herb Tyson [MVP]

Suzanne and I discovered that part of the intractability of this problem was
due to the fact that the chart was in a table cell, and the row was set at a
fixed height.

I was able to expose the chart, oddly enough, by enabling Picture
Placeholders. The then allowed me to see a gray area where the chart was. I
could then double-click it to edit it, etc. Also, by changing its position
from In line with text to one of the other options (Square, Tight, In Front
of Text--with Picture Placeholders now turned off), the chart suddenly shows
up.

Suzanne was also able to get the chart to show up by setting the row height
to auto, and the paragraph spacing to single.

And... without doing anything, you can expose the chart's outline by doing a
Find, and putting ^g into the Find What: box.

--

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mgaball mgaball is offline

I have just spent the better part of my day trying to find the answer to this
question -I had a hidden object appear in a document that I was given by a
client and I could not get it to "show itself"! The ^g allowed me to find it
and delete it immediately - THANK YOU!

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That's the beauty of these NGs. Glad we could help.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You haven't confirmed whether or not you are seeing it in

Print
Preview.
If
you do, you should be able to delete it there according to
Herb's
instructions. Could it perhaps be anchored to the Header or
Footer?

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to

the
newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"bridgetp" wrote in