JH

Default Make check boxes mutually exclusive

Hi,

I'm interested to know hhow to make 2 or more check boxes behave mutually
exclusive to one another. For example, I have a Yes/No question and one check
box for YES and another for NO. How can I make it such that if I check YES,
then the box for NO automatically becomes invalid for clicking? That means,
only one of the check box can be selected.

Thank you!
CyberTaz

I don't believe you can in Word unless it can be done programmatically.

The effect you are looking for can be obtained by using Option Buttons from
the Control Toolbox. Be aware that these are Active-X Controls, so if this is
a web form they may not work in most browsers other than IE.

Regards |:)

"JH" wrote:

Hi,

I'm interested to know hhow to make 2 or more check boxes behave mutually
exclusive to one another. For example, I have a Yes/No question and one check
box for YES and another for NO. How can I make it such that if I check YES,
then the box for NO automatically becomes invalid for clicking? That means,
only one of the check box can be selected.

Thank you!

Jay Freedman

JH wrote:
Hi,

I'm interested to know hhow to make 2 or more check boxes behave
mutually exclusive to one another. For example, I have a Yes/No
question and one check box for YES and another for NO. How can I make
it such that if I check YES, then the box for NO automatically
becomes invalid for clicking? That means, only one of the check box
can be selected.

Thank you!

In general, you can use the technique shown at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...FmFldChbxs.htm.

For your specific example, don't use two check boxes. Use one check box, and
word the question so that a checked box means "yes" and an unchecked box
means "no".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Check Boxes Brent Microsoft Word Help 1 July 25th 05 09:39 PM
how to create check mark boxes Cindy N Page Layout 2 March 3rd 05 08:39 PM
can i use my printer to make out a pesonal check? Paul Ballou New Users 1 February 3rd 05 06:33 PM
how do i make check mark boxes in mircosoft word//?? need some help .. Microsoft Word Help 1 January 12th 05 04:02 AM
How do you make a template check spelling Baffled Microsoft Word Help 1 November 29th 04 10:07 PM