Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cornfused

Default MailMerge and Save to Folder as Merge Field

I have a document set up to receive mailmerge info from a database. The .doc
is called "Action Form" for example. I am merging nightly to email and
producing around 5-10 unique versions of "Action Form." All of them are, of
course, called "Action Form." It'd be nice to know which they are by the
document name.

I would like to identify each version with a name from one of the merge
fields. My preference is to have Word save each version in a folder as
whatever info appears in the merge field.

I would like to know how, if it is possible, to use automation or VB to make
Word save each .doc and name it according to a merge field contained within
the .doc.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

I have been developing an Addin to do what you want. It's working fine for
me and another colleague who has been testing it, but I have to admit that
another cannot get it to work. Send me an email if you want to try it, I
will send it to you.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Cornfused" wrote in message
I have a document set up to receive mailmerge info from a database. The
.doc
is called "Action Form" for example. I am merging nightly to email and
producing around 5-10 unique versions of "Action Form." All of them are,
of
course, called "Action Form." It'd be nice to know which they are by the
document name.

I would like to identify each version with a name from one of the merge
fields. My preference is to have Word save each version in a folder as
whatever info appears in the merge field.

I would like to know how, if it is possible, to use automation or VB to
make
Word save each .doc and name it according to a merge field contained
within
the .doc.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cornfused

Email to the "Removethismvps" address? I'm not finding any other email addy
for you, and that one didn't go thru.

I'd love to try the addin, though.

"Cornfused" wrote in message
I have a document set up to receive mailmerge info from a database. The
.doc
is called "Action Form" for example. I am merging nightly to email and
producing around 5-10 unique versions of "Action Form." All of them are,
of
course, called "Action Form." It'd be nice to know which they are by the
document name.

I would like to identify each version with a name from one of the merge
fields. My preference is to have Word save each version in a folder as
whatever info appears in the merge field.

I would like to know how, if it is possible, to use automation or VB to
make
Word save each .doc and name it according to a merge field contained
within
the .doc.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
lgray lgray is offline

Doug,
I requested help on the "Insert of update filepath of Word Doc Back to
Access. I'm still working on implementing the code you've provided for that,
but think that I may also need the code you used to assist this person as
well, to work in conjunction with this "Insert function". Can you either
provide the code if it works, or let me know if I should email you on it.

Thanks
--
Linda

"Cornfused" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The code that I referred to in that message is now available as an Add-in
that can be downloaded from the following page of fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website:

http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm