Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CIW

Default saving inserted picture file as a .jpeg

I received a Word document that has a picture file inserted in the document,
and the "frame" is tight around the picture. I want to save that picture as
a .jpeg or other picture file, and cannot remember how to do it.

The steps I took is to copy/paste the picture file into either Paint or
Picture It! (the only 2 picture editing software programs that I have on my
laptop) then paste the picture into the program mentioned above. Then I do a
file save as .jpeg file type, I am able to save it as a .jpeg file. But,
when I insert it into a document, it has alot of "white space around the
picture, and when I adjust the size of the file it skews the picture. I know
that I can perform edits to the picture, but what I would like to do is save
it as a .jpeg file that has the "frame" of the picture tight around it as it
did in the original Word Document.

How can this be accomplished?

Thanks!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
finalword

I would open up PAINT and then resize the white space down very small by
going to the bottom left corner of the white area and dragging up and to the
left. Then paste your image and only the image will be there...no white
space. Save it as a JPEG and you are all set

"CIW" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CIW

The frame and the white space paste just fine into the Paint--the same way it
looks in the Word Document (frame is right around the picture). It's after
it is saved as a .jpeg when the frame and white space enlarges. Why does
that happen?