Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Quin

Default Copy and Paste cells change size!

In Microsoft Word 2000 I want to be able to select several table columns of
different widths, copy them and paste them to the right side. When I do this,
the width of each column is changed and it looks bad and is a pain to fix it
all. If I paste it below the original€¦ no problem the columns stay exactly
the right width. In Microsoft Excel I can select the entire columns by
selecting column heading rows A, B, C etc. and paste to the right and it will
keep the column width exactly and perfectly intact.

Here is a simple example€¦

Make a table with two columns and one row. Make the first column one inch
wide, the second only one half inch wide. Now select both columns, copy both
columns, position the insertion point to the right side of the existing two
columns, then paste. Now you have one row with four columns but the second
two that you just pasted are not the same width as the two you just copied!

Is it possible to extend your table to the right by copy and paste of
existing cells and keep the correct size of those cells?

Quin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?UXVpbg==?=,

Is it possible to extend your table to the right by copy and paste of
existing cells and keep the correct size of those cells?

No, unfortunately.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org