Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rick

Default Saving on network drive

Hi,

Im trying to save a Doc file to a network drive but i can't. I got an error
saying that the network drive is full Or there are too many open files. i
know there are plenty of space free. It does that on any network directory
that i use. I have to save locally then copy the file to the network drive
(that works fine)
So why i can't save to a network drive ?? it works fine with Excel files by
the way ,,,,
IM using office 2003 standard with service pack 2
Thanks
--
Rick
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Umljaw==?=,

Im trying to save a Doc file to a network drive but i can't. I got an error
saying that the network drive is full Or there are too many open files. i
know there are plenty of space free. It does that on any network directory
that i use. I have to save locally then copy the file to the network drive
(that works fine)
So why i can't save to a network drive ??

It sounds like you may have a permissions problem, or too many temp files in
the folders where you store your files. You should take this up with your
network administrator. If you want to discuss it in the newsgroups, you might
find people in the more specialized Office.setup group who have an idea about
the problem. Be sure to tell them the version of Office you're using, and quote
the exect text of the error messages you're seeing.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)