Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jatin

Default How to display row numbers when pasting Excel data in Word?

I am tryign to paste a table of formulas from Excel to Word. For the formulas
to make sense in Word, I would like the table pasted in Word to contain row
and column number headers. How to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

You can't... the row numbers are a part of the progam window, not cell content.

AFAIK, you have to take a screen shot of the Excel window (SnagIt is great
for the purpose) and paste the image into your Word doc.

Regards |:)

"Jatin" wrote:

I am tryign to paste a table of formulas from Excel to Word. For the formulas
to make sense in Word, I would like the table pasted in Word to contain row
and column number headers. How to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jatin

ok, I found out how to do it.

File--Page Setup--go to Sheet tab -- check the "Row and Column Headings"
box in the Print area. Click OK

Now highlight the cells that need to be copied.

Then press Shift and (while pressing Shift), click on Edit -- Copy Picture.

A new box opens. Choose "As shown when printed". Click OK

Go to Word and press Ctrl-V.

Thanks to my friend KL who told me the trick.

Regards,
Jatin Bindal