Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barb

Default date stamp changes

I'm running Word 2003...
Now that I've finally got my manuals the way I want them, I will be posting
them to our network where other employees will have access to make changes.
(I've turned tracking on.) However, these changes must then be sent (either
electronically or hard copy) to an outside company.

How can I 'date' stamp the changes (at the bottom of the page) so that as
pages are sent outside, they will know which one is the most current version?
I've currently created a small text box with "Revised: May XX, 2006" and
inserting it on each page. This isn't difficult, but will become time
consuming as there are MANY manuals.

I've looked all thru the "insert date", and other time stamping but can't
find this particular issue.
Thanks....
Barb

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod

Hi Barb,

The nearest you'll get to this is Word's 'SAVEDATE' field which, as its name
suggests, displays the date (and time with the right switches) the document
was last saved.

If you put a 'SAVEDATE' field (or the text box you're using now) in the
header or footer, it will show up on every page that uses the same
header/footer, without having to insert it on every page.

Cheers