Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
laschultz

Default Saving to the cd-rw drive

I am trying to save a file from my hard drive to a cd-rw and there is an
error message that says: incorrect function and then you do not have access
to the folder "d:/" ask your administrator for access to this folder.

The d:/ is where I am trying to save to a cd-rw disk. This is also my home
computer, I don't understand the access denied.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

If you are trying to to do this from Word, Don't! Save to the Hard disk and
then copy to the CD drive. You may need some CD writing software to do
that, but it is not a Word issue.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"laschultz" wrote in message
I am trying to save a file from my hard drive to a cd-rw and there is an
error message that says: incorrect function and then you do not have
access
to the folder "d:/" ask your administrator for access to this folder.

The d:/ is where I am trying to save to a cd-rw disk. This is also my
home
computer, I don't understand the access denied.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
laschultz

I have saved it to the hard drive now how do I copy it to the disk? I tried
save as and that is when access is denied.

"laschultz" wrote in message
I am trying to save a file from my hard drive to a cd-rw and there is an
error message that says: incorrect function and then you do not have
access
to the folder "d:/" ask your administrator for access to this folder.

The d:/ is where I am trying to save to a cd-rw disk. This is also my
home
computer, I don't understand the access denied.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Do you know how to copy anything to a CD? Have you ever done this before?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]